Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lets get it started!

So I am finally getting around to making a photography blog. I have tried about every site there is: deviantART, flickr, myspace, carbonmade, facebook - and the list goes on, but a blog just seems more personal. Hopefully blogging about my shoots will allow me to interact more closely with people who are interested in shooting with me and being able to post almost an unlimited amount of pictures is exciting!
I got the best gift ever 3 years ago for my Birthday, that being my Nikon d50 and that's kinda where it started. A few of my friend were like "haaaay, free pictures I'm down with that" and everything evolved from there - I learned a little about Photoshop and started actually editing pictures and getting better. Now I don't usually have to beg my friends to model for me, I get asked to take their pictures which is amazing. Oh and I had to give myself a name, so feeling oh so creative (not!) I just made use of my initials - hence, shp photography was born!
Since I am not a professional photographer I don't have a waiting list or anything, so in order to give this blog some girth to start out with, I will be posting old and new shoots!
DSC_2286
xo Sarah

2 comments:

Julie July 23, 2009 at 2:30 AM  

Sarah, where are you located?

Kisha of Sahara Blue August 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM  

Good for you in following your path to doing something you enjoy. Your blog feels very authentic and i like how real you seem. Great shots as well! Good luck with everything.